Drunk Duck?

Mike Winters

Songster
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
Whats wrong with my duck this morning he was fine, now he is walking around and cant keep his head and wings up some times. all my other birds are fine and havent ate or drank anything different. But this one is acting stupid as if it had a few beers.

Last edited:
he seems to be a lot better after i put him in water and regained his balance. Now he acts hot but it isn't panting, it was only 71 degrees out side and he did fall asleep sitting in the sun could it be heat stroke? His dark feathers do making over heating easier but he has been out in 87 degrees weather with no problems.

I dont know what it was but he is back to normal now. Could he have been dazed? One of the big chickens tried to charge at him when i picked him up. could she have maybe have attacked him when i wasnt watching? This hen does seem to have an attitude like she wants to be the boss but the goslings wont have any of her crap when they are near food.

Last edited:
Ducks can have strokes, and do get into things that are toxic. Perhaps he had some kind of nervous system short-circuit, and it could be related to a traumatic encounter with the hen.

Just keep an eye on him, I would provide some vitamins with electrolytes to boost his little system.

Back
Top Bottom