Dry hatch compromise?

I'm in the process of trying right now...I moved the incubator into a corner in my bedroom so it wouldn't be close to windows. ( My husband is thrilled!) But my trying to keep it around 30% hopefully this will work better for me.

I have switched over to dryer incubation. I have a Dickey cabinet... it runs 28-33% dry. At lockdown I go 60-70%. Seriously, I have had the best hatches this way.
Good Luck
smile.png

HI,
After several unsucessful hatches in a row...I decided to try the dry method this time.
I just checked and it is 30 in the incubator and 55 in the room..
Good old Oregon rain
lol.png

I candled last night and for the first time..saw the little babies moving...What a treat..........
I think this is going to work.............
Good luck to you

I like the dry incubation more and more
smile.png
I'm trying to heat it up right now and the humidity is 36% all on it's own. But it was running all night and is only at 86 F. Should I crank it up more? Or just wait for heat to build?

I have 70 Ringneck Pheasant eggs in my incubator. I'm using a Sportsman. Right now the humidity is at 50% which is recommended for Pheasant eggs from the research I have done. This is my first Pheasant egg hatch. Has anyone hatched Ringneck Pheasant?

I also put some chicken eggs in too.

Last edited:
in my homemade incubator, i experimented with a dry hatch and i ended up with a 9 out of 9 chicks hatched,,,,,,, i love dry incubation now, i will always do it,,,,,,,, i keep my humidity at 20, to 29% humidity

Quote:
Right now the bator is at 99.7 and it goes between that and 100 F. The humidity fluctuates a lot tho. Do you think that matters in dry incubation? it goes from about 20% earlier in the day and now it is at 32%. (no eggs in there yet, so I have time to get this right)

when i set eggs in my incubator for the first 17 day i keep my humidity at 35 percent and when i put the in the hatcher i raise the humidity to 80- 85 percent and my chicks hatch great and pop like popcorn lol i only use the ginesis preset u can get it out put the water into it and plug it in and its at 100 deg in about an hour i love mine

Quote:
It's gone up today because the outside air mass has become disgustingly humid throughout the day. It will be high tomorrow too then go down again thankfully by Friday.

When the temp drops this weekend check the bator temp too.

I just checked the humidity in my Dickey and it's 36%, so your reading sounds right.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom