Dry hatch temps and humidities for dux

Corbdee

Duckies!
Aug 1, 2020
Middle of somewhere
Ok so just curious. For a dry hatch with duck eggs,
how long is incubation?
what is the temperature from day 1-lockdown?
What is the humidity from day 1-lockdown?
What is the temp and humidity from lockdown to end of hatch?

Ok so just curious. For a dry hatch with duck eggs,
how long is incubation?
what is the temperature from day 1-lockdown?
What is the humidity from day 1-lockdown?
What is the temp and humidity from lockdown to end of hatch?

What breed? What kind of incubator? Forced air or still air? Optimum temperature for incubation is 99.5F but in some cases you have to fiddle with it a little in a still air incubator. If you're planning on dry incubation for waterfowl will you still be spraying the eggs?

What breed? What kind of incubator? Forced air or still air? Optimum temperature for incubation is 99.5F but in some cases you have to fiddle with it a little in a still air incubator. If you're planning on dry incubation for waterfowl will you still be spraying the eggs?
I’m not incubating till March still, but I’m doing a bit of research on whether I should do dry hatch or regular and I wanted to know how the temp and humidity varies from the two. I’m gonna be doing a barnyard mix of duck breeds and probably not spraying them if I do a dry hatch

I’m not incubating till March still, but I’m doing a bit of research on whether I should do dry hatch or regular and I wanted to know how the temp and humidity varies from the two. I’m gonna be doing a barnyard mix of duck breeds and probably not spraying them if I do a dry hatch

What kind of incubator you're using will help to determine whether dry hatching is the best method for you. Each incubator will behave differently and also what your ambient humidity in the room is, what your elevation is, all of this will make a difference in what humidity is best. Styrofoam incubators tend to work better for dry incubation but I do run even my plastic incubators at somewhat lower ranges of humidity than some. Where one person might run their incubator with no added water to get to 45% humidity, another may need to add water to get 45% humidity. The best thing to do in any hatch is to monitor the air cell development and if you find it's developing too quickly then just increase the humidity a bit to slow it down.

So about the same temperature for a dry hatch as a regular hatch? Also it is a plastic circulated air, but I also have a styrofoam still air

Yes, the desired temperature for incubation doesn't change with a dry hatch. I do prefer incubators with circulation because you won't have as many issues with hot and cold spots.
It's still air incubators that require some temperature adjustments to make up for the cold spots.

Back
Top Bottom