Dry Hatching Cortunix Quails

Pics
ok will take pic tom. just weighed.

3 weeks of age
Silver quail, possible Jumbo = 140 grams
Other quail of same age = 100 grams

My biggest Adult Females from last batch = 295 and 290 grams fully grown.
I would definitely call that one a jumbo, lol. The notes I have been trying to go by say jumbos should be 120-160 grams at 3 weeks, 200 grams at 4 weeks, 240 grams at 5 weeks, and 280 grams at 6 weeks.

I weighed the biggest 2 of the 5 again

Silver? - the largest one-shot up to 158 grams
Then my next largest one (not pictured) a Rosetta quail is the second largest at 135 grams same age.

As you can see he/she too young to identify gender is a very big bird already compared to his hatch mate.

The smallest of my adult quails is around 170-180 grams in the quail pen.

P1010591.JPG
P1010592.JPG
P1010595.JPG
P1010596.JPG

I weighed the biggest 2 of the 5 again

Silver? - the largest one-shot up to 158 grams
Then my next largest one (not pictured) a Rosetta quail is the second largest at 135 grams same age.

As you can see he/she too young to identify gender is a very big bird already compared to his hatch mate.

The smallest of my adult quails is around 170-180 grams in the quail pen.

View attachment 1498886 View attachment 1498887 View attachment 1498889 View attachment 1498890
Coloring looks like a silver pharoah, where silver color replaced the normal brown of the traditional pharoah. Should be able to sex it by chest feathers IF it doesn't have pied/tux mixed in, causing white breast feathers.

yes it has some brown feathers mixed in with silver feathers. Looking at the 2nd pic. I have a hunch it might be a girl. I will try and take a clearer shot of the chest. Is it possible its gender can be determined at 3 weeks.

yes it has some brown feathers mixed in with silver feathers. Looking at the 2nd pic. I have a hunch it might be a girl. I will try and take a clearer shot of the chest. Is it possible its gender can be determined at 3 weeks.
I will see if my girls and rooster will be cooperative and let me take some pictures tonight for you to compare with. My silver pharoah are from eggs I got from Myshire Farms, although I have one or two from my own eggs.

Back
Top Bottom