Dry hatching // no turning?

Cierrascoop

Songster
Sep 24, 2022
I'm part of several groups on Facebook that do dry hatches. One thing I noticed a few times was people mentioning a no turn method? Before diving into it too much I'd like to hear what other people have personally experienced doing this? I was always under the impression that without turning the eggs either yourself or with a self turning incubator that the chicks would stick to one side?? Or something of that nature. I just know i always seen that it was not good lol.. so how does this work?? A few people stated that they just let their eggs with a heat lamp and leave them? Is this really something you can do? Wouldn't hatch rates be really low? Would it not up the risk factor for developing chicks? Give me your experiences.

I don't really know about the no turning method, we are trying the dry hatch method since ours keep drowning. I do want to say that any eggs that skip a turn get stuck to the shell and die, so i wouldn't do that. If you do decide to do it, please make a post of the results and tag me!

Dry hatching is like Forced Air vs No Air but no turning? You need to ask those that are "not turning" how that works but like you it doesn't make sense. Think about it, the hen turns her eggs ... Don't always believe what you read, research. IF you do try the no turning, please update us on your results.

I really am not sure how it would go. I have always read that they need turned, which is why the mama moves them if they hatch them themselves. Here are some of the comments I've seen which sparked my curiosity. I plan to research as well but wanted to see any first hand experiences on here 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528-172159~2.png
    Screenshot_20230528-172159~2.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20230528-172210~2.png
    Screenshot_20230528-172210~2.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 22
I will be researching first. Possibly joining that stacker hatchers page to see what the deal is lol. I don't want to risk anything like deformities, or something crazy. If I do attempt a hatch I will post my progress from beginning to end here. I have considered trying some silkie eggs soon but was debating on my method so started looking into dry hatching, which took me down a worm hole which led me here lol .

I guess it would help to see the full post lol. In the second pic she states about dry hatching and not turning. Then a lady said about setting and forgetting hers. The discussion was about the not turning method. A lady had said about seeing research done on it and was asking about it. 😊

So I actually just tested this theory of no turn dry hatch and I must say. This is going crazy. I put in two chicken eggs that look to be okay and developing, but one of my quail eggs just hatched. And this may not sound that crazy, but that's till you realize it's only day 12 and he's acting just like any other chick.

Here he is.
PXL_20230627_060131797.jpg

Back
Top Bottom