Dry incubation.

Ok. At 2 pm it becomes day 16.
1f601.png
. I'll candle again at lock down. Than wait and see.

45 to 50% humidity is high in my opinion, 65 for the hatch is to low in my opinion IF it had of been lower the first 18 days. I am a Firm Believer that on day 18 you remove any bad eggs, increase moisture and Do Not Open again for no reason till they hatch on day 21---if all are not hatched they ALL stay till day 22. This is presuming there is a accurate/calibrated thermometer. But some will not go along with what I just said-----some open at will and in some locations it does not hurt the hatch for some as it does others in a different location. That's your call, all I can say is I do it this way and I have a 95 to 100% hatch rate every hatch compared to myself, my mother, step sister and many friends having awful hatches(some times 2 out of 40 eggs) when we opened some during the last 3 days---so I nor none of them are going to ever open again during the hatch. If you got a question---I will be glad to try and answer. Good Luck in your future hatches.

So what is your humidity at incubation, then at day 18?
What kind of hatcher do you have and what temps do you run at?
What is your outside humidity at this time?

Also do you have extra thermometers and hydrometer sin the incubator and hatcher to confirm?

I have everything digital but found they were not giving me the true picture at times! Wrecked hatches!

70 -80 % may be too high in the last couple days of incubation, depending on the incubator. If I ran mine that high (homemade), my eggs would be sopping wet! Not good at all. Too much humidity can be just as bad.

So what is your humidity at incubation, then at day 18?
What kind of hatcher do you have and what temps do you run at?
What is your outside humidity at this time?

I try to be around 35% for incubation and 75 to 80% for the hatch.
My hatcher is the one on the right in the pic under my name. 99.5 to 100
My big incubators/hatcher are in a uncontrolled temp room in a out building so the humidity has a wide range-----different at night, rain days etc.
My Styrofoam incubators are usually in my home, so they are in a controlled place.

I use just one thermometer in the hatcher and Styrofoam, none in the main big cabinet after original set-up/start because it is/has a digital electronic thermostat.
Understand ALL new thermometers are checked with a Known *accurate/proven accurate thermometer* before used alone. Example--If one is reading 1 degree high or what ever it is written on it---meaning when checking it---if it reads 101.5 laying right beside my known accurate one---with a permanent marker I write 101.5---If it reads 98----I write that on it then when I am using that thermometer---that's the magic number I go for to set the incubator up.

*accurate--meaning most of the eggs hatched on time--not early or late*

Had the first one hatch about 10 minutes ago. Must be the sex links because it's black, White and yellow.
My incubstion 1-18 22-25% humidity
18-22 75% humidity. Put in 4 eggs 1 hatch so far two more pipped and chripping. Can't see the last one well enough to say.

Baby #2 in first photo
Baby #1 in the second
#3 on the way.. Don't think the fourth will hatch but I'm going to water test it Monday if nothing happens before than.
So dry incubation for me was 75% hatch rate ( as if now ). Thank you all for your help and guidance.

Last edited:
Third baby hatched with part of the yolk not absorded. She is a sex link girl, very talkative and active. Navel looks torn? The yolk is getting smaller. She is alone in the incubator. Figured it was the best place for her.
1f628.png
1f62d.png
1f637.png
1f414.png

I have some triple antibiodic, should I use it? Does she have a chance?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom