Dry skin and scabbed chicken

jfmorini

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2023
Hey, folks. I've gotten some help here before and now I'm back for some advice. I have a girl that had been molting and getting picked on a bit. A lot of her neck feathers ate gone and she's been pecked at her wing where I caught it bleeding. I've been apply blue kote to keep the others away and that seems to have worked. My current concern is her skin seems very dry where it's exposed, including her comb. Some loss of color too. She's seems to be losing weight as well. I just gave her a good once over and didn't find any mites or lice that I could see buy found and odd scab/puss looking spot on her crop. It could be just a mere puncture buy it just seems off. The center is indented with a black spot surrounded by white. I've posted a picture here. Any thoughts? Also, I checked her poop and it that looks good, she also housed a half hamburger bun before I put her back to bed so she has appetite. Thanks to all who read this
20230519_201915.jpg

Some chickens will lose weight while molting. But in time it will all be ok. I also went though what you are going though l. I also put sab on it for chickens. One of my hens has sun burn where she has no feathers. So now instead of 3 molting at the same time i have 1 hen molting now. Oh i put the meds on only once a week. I do it when she is in her nesting box. Hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom