Dry Stall or Stall Dry??

BonnieJean

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 10, 2010
Connecticut
Hi! I am wondering if some of the more knowledgeable chicken owners can help me out with something... I went to the feed store today to get Dry Stall (i think??) to put in my sandy chicken run to try and keep it drier and prevent flies now that it's warming up. They had Dry Stall and Stall Dry, and they're two different things, so now I'm confused and don't know which one to get. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this? Thank you so much for your help
big_smile.png

Stall Dry SHOULD be a liquid that one sprays down a stall or entire barn with. It is SUPPOSE to take care of fungus, mold, bactieria and such. I know a lot of folks use this when they redo thier chicken coops for the next "batch" of babies. I can not help you with the "stall dry" thing. Check the panel for ingredients though, they may be the same thing !!

Hope this helps
G. G.

They are both in dry form- the Dry Stall looks kind of like small pebbles and is a "naturally occurring lightweight volcanic aggregate." The Stall Dry is a little more powdery and is a mix of DE and clay. I don't know which would be better
hu.gif

Great! Thanks so much for your help guys... it's confusing to try and decide with all of the supplies on the market today. I really appreciate it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom