DSD's Christmas gift - need quotes/sayings 'bout grandmas

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
While I was napping today I came up with what I think is a good idea for DSD#1's gift.

All but two people on her paternal mamaw's side of the family are deceased. Her mamaw passed away in 2005.
When DH and I married, his aunt sent me a large collection of recipes (via email) from their side of the family.

Rather than buy DSD a published cookbook, I've decided to print out these recipes and compile them in a book, maybe a scrapbook, interspaced with pics of her mamaw. I'm thinking of titling it something like 'My Mamaw's Recipes' or "Recipes from Mamaw's Family".

Does this sound like a good idea? What else can I do to make this book extra special?

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a wonderful idea...
hugs.gif
Very sweet of you. I don't know what you could do to make it any more special, I think adding the pics would make it perfect. Good luck...

Look at My publisher and you can have a perfect bound and printed book with recipes and photos. They are really nice. I have done one or two in the past.

Oh such a wonderful gift. A gift from the heart. I learned all my mama's recipes cooking with her, nothing was ever written down. I did write down her cornbread recipe though. A few months ago I cooked her cornbread and my daughter was so excited that I had her granny's recipe. My mother-in-law was a wonderful cook but alas took her recipes to her grave. So sad, a part of her would have lived on in those recipes. I still yearn for her mac & cheese.

So, DH is gathering the pics of his mom to include in the cookbook.
I need sweet quotes or sayings about grandmas/mamaws to include in the book.
TIA
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom