DSD's Christmas gift - need quotes/sayings 'bout grandmas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Dec 4, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    While I was napping today I came up with what I think is a good idea for DSD#1's gift.

All but two people on her paternal mamaw's side of the family are deceased. Her mamaw passed away in 2005.
    When DH and I married, his aunt sent me a large collection of recipes (via email) from their side of the family.

Rather than buy DSD a published cookbook, I've decided to print out these recipes and compile them in a book, maybe a scrapbook, interspaced with pics of her mamaw. I'm thinking of titling it something like 'My Mamaw's Recipes' or "Recipes from Mamaw's Family".

Does this sound like a good idea? What else can I do to make this book extra special?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I think it sounds like a wonderful idea... [​IMG] Very sweet of you. I don't know what you could do to make it any more special, I think adding the pics would make it perfect. Good luck...

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Look at My publisher and you can have a perfect bound and printed book with recipes and photos. They are really nice. I have done one or two in the past.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Awesome idea... [​IMG]

5. Dinkadoo

Dinkadoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    South Carolina
    Oh such a wonderful gift. A gift from the heart. I learned all my mama's recipes cooking with her, nothing was ever written down. I did write down her cornbread recipe though. A few months ago I cooked her cornbread and my daughter was so excited that I had her granny's recipe. My mother-in-law was a wonderful cook but alas took her recipes to her grave. So sad, a part of her would have lived on in those recipes. I still yearn for her mac & cheese.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    So, DH is gathering the pics of his mom to include in the cookbook.
    I need sweet quotes or sayings about grandmas/mamaws to include in the book.
    TIA [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by