Duane Urch/Turnland Poultry Question

I think you should definitely call him. He has certain hours that he wants to be called in the evening and I would respect that request. I had sent an order in through the mail and never heard from him either. So I called him late February and some of his breeders were not laying yet. He told me to call back in 3 weeks. I did and he said that he wasn't going to have a couple of the varieties that I had originally requested so I changed those to a kind that was doing well. He said that he would be able to fill my order now that I had made those changes. I haven't heard anything more from him, but that was only a week ago. When I called the second time, he checked through the orders he had and we discussed my so he seems pretty organized. I have heard he is elderly and busy, but I've also heard he has good birds, so I'm hoping that working with him will be worth it.

I met him yesterday and got eggs from him. thanks

I placed my 2016 order in Dec - haven't heard back yet, but I received my 2015 order in the month of April of last year, so I'm not terribly concerned.

The fact that SOMEONE has received a 2016 order gives me hope! :)

I received my order from them yesterday! Mrs. Urch called me early Tuesday morning and said that my chicks were shipped out Monday afternoon. The post office called with them yesterday morning. They seem to be doing well and are a mix of what I ordered. So far I'm very pleased.

I received my order from them yesterday! Mrs. Urch called me early Tuesday morning and said that my chicks were shipped out Monday afternoon. The post office called with them yesterday morning. They seem to be doing well and are a mix of what I ordered. So far I'm very pleased.

How much were the chicks?

I hatched out 11 Dominigues but only 2 buckeyes. thinking of just buying.

Does anyone know if there are anymore hatching dates due with Urch's this year, or how long they sell the hatching eggs for? I had the list, it said bantams through May 29th and large fowl through May 18 but then when I called they said they were shutting down early this year. Couldn't get any more information than that, they are hard to get a hold of. Do they keep selling hatching eggs even after their last chick hatch and has anyone here had good success with them?

Back
Top Bottom