D'uccle stopped laying 3 days after combining my two flocks

jaydannaduval

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
I have 3 female D'uccle bantams and one D'uccle roo; one "hen" about 11 months, and two that are about 8 months old. I recently combined all four with my 3 Amber Link standard hens (about 3 weeks ago). The two 8 month olds havent started laying, and my 11 month old was a solid layer until about 4 days after I combined the two flocks; she hasnt laid since. It has been 3 weeks since I have seen an egg from her, and still havent gotten any from my 8 month olds. Do you think that the stress of combining the two flocks may be why they havent layed in a while? All seem to be getting along (they stick to the same feather, but no fighting or anything), and my rooster has been trying to breed with everyone... (he is about a year now)...

My amber links lay between 1-3 eggs per day, and do not seem to be phased by the move.

I try to let every one free range for a few hours a day, so that the bantams can have some space from the standard hens...but still no eggs.

Let me know your thoughts!!

thank you :]

Yes, combining the two flocks changed the pecking order and threw things off a bit. Have you put ACV in their water? If not, do so..it helps. I assume they are on layer feed as well?
It may take a month or so for them to start laying again. I added several hens to my flock and they all stopped laying for about 3 or 4 weeks... I put the ACV in their water and all were laying within the next week.

OK, thank you! I have updated and added some ACV to their water, hopefully this will help! I am also wondering if my rooster has been harrassing them too much? He has 6 women, so I am not sure!

Back
Top Bottom