D'uccle Thread

I don't think my coop will support more than three birds, its on the smaller side. I have one right now that I want to get a friend, so I am trying to do a lot of research to find something that I am going to really like. Right now I am torn between two D'uccle posted on craigslist, and two cochins also posted on craigslist.
Grab those d'uccles before they sell! Hens are hard to find! Everybody wants a d'uccle hen!

I love newborn d'Uccles! OMG! Those cherub faces get me every time! Too cute!

I finally have fertile eggs from my Porcelain d'Uccles. Well, one. I have been setting for over a month and they were all clear until now. Let's hope they continue to be fertile.

And sweet, sweet Moonchild let me have his Jasper back (hatched here but was raised by Moonchild) so I could have a boy for my 3 MF girls. I do not think I will do much to raise MF but if they want to go broody at some point I may let them hatch some of their eggs. I woudl love to see the d'Uccle family together.
I am more in love with Porcelains at this point but those faces! OMG! Gotta love them all!

And then Lynne goes and shows all her beautiful photos of her blue and black Mottleds for sale and I melt at how pretty they are! If you all haven't seen them then go look and drool. Or better yet, add more to your back yards.

And then Lynne goes and shows all her beautiful photos of her blue and black Mottleds for sale and I melt at how pretty they are! If you all haven't seen them then go look and drool. Or better yet, add more to your back yards.

You know Amy, I'm just like you. I want to keep them ALL~!!! Thanks so much for the nice compliments. I won't be too upset if they all don't sell. I just need to find more "room"~!

And see, this is why I have to close my eyes! I am really out of pens now and can't take on more. I love them all but it is too much work so I have to stop with what I have.

They are all lovely, Lynne. I know you don;t want to part with them. That one black Mottled pullet is fabulous! I would love to pair her with my favorite blue Mottled I saw on there. Someone could get some great pets and beautiful birds from your selections.

And see, this is why I have to close my eyes! I am really out of pens now and can't take on more. I love them all but it is too much work so I have to stop with what I have.

They are all lovely, Lynne. I know you don;t want to part with them. That one black Mottled pullet is fabulous! I would love to pair her with my favorite blue Mottled I saw on there. Someone could get some great pets and beautiful birds from your selections.
OMG if I had to tell my DH that I needed MORE pens, he would put me in one~!

I think you have convinced me to keep # 72. I know I can't keep them all but she is special :)

ROTFL I knew she was special. I could see it in her. She certainly looks like she is a keeper and I got that from just one photo. I know it is hard to let any go but sometimes those really great kids have got to find a place somewhere.

Maybe on your bed's head board? She won't crow!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom