D'Uccles vs D'Anvers...Differences in Personality?

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
I love the porcelain D'Uccles, however, I'm not that fond of feather footed birds, generally. The D'Anvers seems similar, however, what are the real differences in the two, besides the obvious non-feathered legs of the D'Anvers?
Nobody jump to conclusions-speckledhen is just doing research! Any minute, I just know that Jordan will jump in and throw my old emails back in my face, LOL!
lol.png

I think the D'Anvers are just adorable. I know a gal up north from me that breeds D'Uccles and they are the sweetest things.

Cynthia are you crazy!? I distinctly remember a few conversations with you saying NO BANTAMS. D'Anvers hands down. Cool personalities and no feathered feet so that is a plus, they are just so tiny.

Ok, now Adam is helping Jordan out, LOL. No ganging up on speckledhen, pweeeze.
lol.png
Well, I have little Shadow, so the floodgates are open! I was just looking at some on a web album and my goodness, the Blue Quail color is stunning!

And to answer your question, YES, I'm crazy!

Last edited:
So, do you think anyone would be interested in hatching eggs from the D'Anvers? They'd certainly be too small to really eat. How small are the eggs? I know some bantams lay larger eggs than you'd think, but I have a feeling this breed isn't like that.

My d'Anvers eggs are smaller than a silkies eggs. Bout the size of robin eggs.

I have Quail Antwerp d'Anvers, and the rooster has a big personality! Both he and his mate Fran are extremely friendly! Very nosey, have to be right in the middle of things.

My d'Uccles seem to be more flighty, not so interested in being around people as much as my d'Anvers. My d'Anvers are easier to pick up and hold than my d'Uccles.

This is my hen, Fran.
100_2061.jpg

This is her mate, Robert.
14550_100_1564.jpg

Back
Top Bottom