Duck acting odd possible trauma or infection green poop

I'm in similar shoes, my poult grew up with ducklings and hangs out with them.

So it’s one turkey and he’s happy? My case is opposite 2 Turks one duck so I’m hoping she can get by. I’m a little confused why I’d have to wait To introduce ducklings until big enough - id think a single female duck would treat ducklings like her babies or something.

If she's doing the head-bobbing thing to them I think she'll be okay until you get grow one out or buy one.

Ok thanks I’m thinking so too its hard right now watching her being alone but more on me I think cause she’s out there acting super happy for some reason playing in pond more and running around more and even more vocal when I came out with grapes running up to me- honestly she’s acting like my other duck that passed which I literally had to check I didn’t get them confused ! The one still alive used to be more timid and hide behind other one wouldn’t come over to me as much as one that passed I guess personalities can change so weird !

Ok thanks I’m thinking so too its hard right now watching her being alone but more on me I think cause she’s out there acting super happy for some reason playing in pond more and running around more and even more vocal when I came out with grapes running up to me- honestly she’s acting like my other duck that passed which I literally had to check I didn’t get them confused ! The one still alive used to be more timid and hide behind other one wouldn’t come over to me as much as one that passed I guess personalities can change so weird !
All ducks are individuals. We can say how our own ducks have responded in similar situations, but your duck might not respond the same way and so we might not know what is best for your duck.

My own ducks were upset when their flock members have passed away. They quacked loudly and looked for the deceased duck. They also were more clingy to me.

Regarding your duck, "adopting," ducklings, I have never attempted giving ducklings to my ducks before, I've only read other members discussing it. My understanding is that sometimes broody ducks will accept duckings, but even then you should be prepared to remove the ducklings if she rejects them. I don't know much about this topic, it's a good one to look into more.

Back
Top Bottom