Duck acting odd

Hopefully, that is why he looks disheveled. My Muscovy drake looks that way until he molts in the fall.
If you can pick him up examine his weight making sure he is of good flesh feathers can be deceiving.

This is him this afternoon. Notice yellow on beak. Had to take through window if I opened the door he layed down. Seems to be breathing a little hard. It's hot here but never noticed him breathing hard. Picked him up he feels solid no weight loss.

I hope this works

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20210628-170530.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210628-170530.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 4
Yes I just sent another picture not sure if you can see it well on that one. The yellow looks like a mustard stain. He does not eat mustard.

He's gorgeous. It's very hard for any of us to make a diagnosis since we aren't vets. I am saying that to say this. If you think he may be sick best thing to do is find a vet that will see ducks. I know it's not feasible for many of us to do this. But we can't say go get an antibiotic when we don't know what wrong. Sometimes just offering some vitamins can help them through a hard time. As or the mustard-looking place on his bill could it be where he rubbed his bill on something and this is underneath the natural color?

Back
Top Bottom