Duck acting weak

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
So my duck Arya was very weak tonight, and covered in mud on her back and belly. Making me wonder if she was over-mated today ouT of the water

Every few steps she will do like she does at the end of this video. Drops her bill to the ground, arches her back, and steadies herd self with a wing

I have her inside right now in a makeshift pen for the night to keep her cool and away from the boys for a while

Anything in particular I want to look for to see if it may be something more serious?

Aww bless her heart, Good idea having her inside and I bet she'd enjoy a nice bath too.
Is she eating okay? you could add some poultry vitamins to her water. But hopefully just some time away from the boys and your TLC will make her all better.

3 drakes. Our male to female ratio is currently a little on the low side.. 5 female to 1 male But we have a couple females inside, Arya and blue (bumblefoot) and we have some more females lined up in the next couple weeks from the rescue we take ducks in from

The other females seem to be doing good. When one of the boys is getting too aggressive, my oldest female pekin, peep, sets them straight. Peep is the second biggest duck in the flock after my drake Howard, and Peep is the undisputed queen of the flock.

Picking up some vitamins later today and will add them to her water. She had a comfy little bin she is in currently. Will set up a dog crate later for her to give her some more room. We will keep her inside until she is back to normal. She is eating and drinking normally

I wouldn't put her back out until she is steady unless you have a way to keep her from overdoing.
Does she lay everyday? She isn't acting like she needs to lay an egg? vent pulsing?
I’m not sure if she layed yesterday or not, since we added some new females to the flock they have been laying more irregularly. And all over the pen as opposed to just in the coop area. I will check on her in a bit and see if she looks like there may be an egg in there

She’s doing much better this afternoon! Didn’t stumble or brace herself while walking around at all. And that was before I gave her the vitamins. Gonna keep her in overnight with some vitamin reinforcement and if she is still good will take her out in the morning

Back
Top Bottom