Duck Addicts Anonymous (DAA)

Do you have too many ducks?

• Total voters
Gaging for interest on possibly setting up an auction in the crazy 24hr suction thread. @Overo Mare suggested I post here as well.

Welsh Harlequin hatching eggs from Dave Holderread line. They are silver phase visually, but do throw gold phase and silver phase ducklings. I had about 50/50 of each last year.
My ducks have 100% fertility. Currently have 6 in the inky and all are developing.

Will try to get current pics when the pasture isn't underwater.....so much rain.:barnie

I have 4 more ducks!! There's a cuyaga drake, a mixed duck and a pair of indian runners. Pictures as soon as I'm able to get them. They do not stay still long enough to get a good photo of them. I'm now up to 12 but will be having to cull 5 of those soon because they're drakes (of course the best looking ones). Now I just have to wait for the ducks to start laying so I can hatch some more.

Also, can anyone give me stuff to know about runner ducks? Especially with different colours and their offspring colours please? I've had a couple runner ducks before but only whites.

I have 4 more ducks!! There's a cuyaga drake, a mixed duck and a pair of indian runners. Pictures as soon as I'm able to get them. They do not stay still long enough to get a good photo of them. I'm now up to 12 but will be having to cull 5 of those soon because they're drakes (of course the best looking ones). Now I just have to wait for the ducks to start laying so I can hatch some more.

Also, can anyone give me stuff to know about runner ducks? Especially with different colours and their offspring colours please? I've had a couple runner ducks before but only whites.
Cool! I have 26 runners atm, I’m probably going to sell some soon tho. My original flock was a few of every color variety, so now that I’ve let them breed over the years, I have lots of mix match colors. Which I like because it gives my flock and the birds a little more individualities.

Although, if you are planning on selectively breeding different colors, I would recommend reading Story’s Guide to Raising Ducks, Dave Holderread talks a lot about understanding duck colors in the book.

As promised

20220401_080649.jpg
20220401_080529.jpg
20220401_080504.jpg
20220401_080502.jpg

I had a username change. I figured since this is a poultry forum naming it after my dog wasn’t the most fitting, so I named it after Albert my duck.

Original plan was to name it after Herbert my goose, but it didn’t work, and he can be a real turd too! :lau
That’s just wrong!

I had a username change. I figured since this is a poultry forum naming it after my dog wasn’t the most fitting, so I named it after Albert my duck.

Original plan was to name it after Herbert my goose, but it didn’t work, and he can be a real turd too! :lau
What was your previous name?

Back
Top Bottom