Duck always nesting but no eggs

@Miss Lydia . Thank you again for your reply. None of my girls have ever gone broody. So she just does her little egg laying dance in the mornings then hangs out with everyone else when she's done. I will definitely keep you posted.

None of my Runners an Buffs have gone broody but my Muscovy make up for it. my Runners sure do love to go into their coop and make nest they just lay their egg and get Out as fast as they can too much to do to sit still for long lol

@Miss Lydia - Update: I've been giving 1ml of the calcium daily and also giving all of them some dry cat food. She's been acting super normal and happier than I've seen her in awhile. No eggs since last update. She wasn't doing her morning egg laying dance. So thinking maybe she's taking a bit of a break. Last night noticed her tail moving up and down (straining) so I put her in bath of epsom salts and put her back in her tote for the evening. This morning she doing her egg laying dance again and she laid a semi soft shell ( harder shell than before) but still very small egg. She's acting great so I'm not too concerned. Will continue the calcium gluc and daily soaks. Hoping her system is working things out.

Attachments

• IMG_5722.PNG
    IMG_5722.PNG
    315.8 KB · Views: 1
Glad to hear she is acting normal and happy. keep up with the Calcium gluconate Hopefully it will clean out her system and she'll be back to laying normal eggs again soon.

Back
Top Bottom