Duck attack

I haven't seen this fox lately, and it hasn't been on any of the cameras around the coops.
IMAG00011030 02.jpg

Oh wow, have you got a camera set up by the pen?
In years past I would use leg traps and used one of the birds it killed at bait and when it came back for the body and got in a trap I shot it ab buried it. Now more and more people are buying land around us and building so I have been seeing more dogs and cats around so I live trap and if I happen to catch someone's pet I can release it for the fox when I catch it, I shoot it and bury it. With the foxes I have eliminated I still see them now and then. More often at night on my game cameras but as long as they leave my birds alone I leave them alone but they don't mess with the electric hot wires around my coops and pens. For the live traps I bait the traps for a few days and let them take the bait then set the trap.
This is one that killed my favorite bird during the day.
Ah, were not allowed gun here, I'm definitely going to get the electric fence thing and just try and secure their pen from top to bottom.
I'm sorry about your bird, boris was my favourite and it's like my dog died x

Ah, were not allowed gun here, I'm definitely going to get the electric fence thing and just try and secure their pen from top to bottom.
I have several cameras set up. I cried and cried when the fox took my Gladys. She was special.
This is Gladys. She was such a love.
IMG_20170816_095249.jpg

If you can catch it there may be a wildlife rescue that will take it. I had an owl plaguing me. I did accidentally catch it. I called a wildlife rescue and they came and got it. They said they had a release area and it shouldn't come back.
IMG_20200229_133056.jpg

If you can catch it there may be a wildlife rescue that will take it. I had an owl plaguing me. I did accidentally catch it. I called a wildlife rescue and they came and got it. They said they had a release area and it shouldn't come back.
View attachment 2436484
I've managed to talk my partner into letting the fox live, were going to try and secure the coop and scare it away. If it keeps coming back I'll look into this.
I love owls, I'd want to keep it as a new pet :)

An electric fence is a great idea!
The fox will watch you and your dog where you can't see it. It will watch and wait for the right time to attack. If you scare it off, it will keep coming at different times.
I wish you luck in securing your coop.

Back
Top Bottom