DUCK ATTACKED BY COON - OPEN WOUND ON THE CHEST

Jul 14, 2022
Hello....my duck was attacked by a raccoon last night. He has puncher wounds to his head and is missing half of his chest. I have cleaned him and cleaned the wound. He is very spunky and drinking with all the trauma. I can't find a vet to treat him but I feel he is wanting to survive. I am concerned that he could have rabies from the attack? Can I spread this to other animals? Would you pack the wound or leave it open? I hope there good advice and care instruction to follow.....his companion is quite sad. As all of us know, our animals can be very bonded.

Hello....my duck was attacked by a raccoon last night. He has puncher wounds to his head and is missing half of his chest. I have cleaned him and cleaned the wound. He is very spunky and drinking with all the trauma. I can't find a vet to treat him but I feel he is wanting to survive. I am concerned that he could have rabies from the attack? Can I spread this to other animals? Would you pack the wound or leave it open? I hope there good advice and care instruction to follow.....his companion is quite sad. As all of us know, our animals can be very bonded.
How horrible. 😞
Can you put up some pics so we can evaluate?

Back
Top Bottom