Duck behavior

Snyders_Ducks

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2024
I've noticed my ducks would wag thier tails when all three of them are together, and even sometimes they'll flap thier little wings, I was wondering what this ment. I also noticed that sometimes they start nibbling me when I hold them, I got mulitple answers from Google and I'm not sure what's right.

Wagging tails in this case is likely a sign of happiness. In other cases, it can also be a stress reliever.

Flapping wings here is likely just a way for them to stretch. It can also be a stress reliever, just like the wagging.

Nibbling is normal, they’re likely just being affectionate or looking for food. They’ll also nibble on each other, which is fine as long as no one is being hurt. Biting and twisting, or biting and not letting go is when I’d be concerned.

I say “likely” so much, because there are different meanings for the same behavior. It all depends on context.

Wagging tails in this case is likely a sign of happiness. In other cases, it can also be a stress reliever.

Flapping wings here is likely just a way for them to stretch. It can also be a stress reliever, just like the wagging.

Nibbling is normal, they’re likely just being affectionate or looking for food. They’ll also nibble on each other, which is fine as long as no one is being hurt. Biting and twisting, or biting and not letting go is when I’d be concerned.

I say “likely” so much, because there are different meanings for the same behavior. It all depends on context.
Thank you! This is so helpful for me to try and understand my ducks behavior and how they feel.

Back
Top Bottom