Duck bloated! Won’t walk- Need help

Pics

Crazy4Fowl

Songster
9 Years
Nov 20, 2014
My duck coop
I have a Khaki Campbell duck who I noticed wasn’t walking right. I picked her up and her belly was extremely bloated. She also had a big lump on her left side. I’ve never see this before and I have no idea what’s happening or what to do. One of the toes on her right foot is also swollen.

she is mostly just laying around in the grass. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Her stomach is not swishy like water, it’s hard as a rock.

Last edited:
Could be a tumor or even if she popped she may still be egg bound. Or have Egg peritonitis which is an infection. Any chance of a vet? they can do Xrays to determine.
Some really good pictures of her belly and side would help.
Could she also have bumble foot or an injury that has caused the swelling of her toe?

Could be a tumor or even if she popped she may still be egg bound. Or have Egg peritonitis which is an infection. Any chance of a vet? they can do Xrays to determine.
Some really good pictures of her belly and side would help.
Could she also have bumble foot or an injury that has caused the swelling of her toe?
I’ll try to get a picture. Foot is probably bumblefoot but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

Staff infection is a big deal and can be life threatening if not treated.
6965FBEA-8DED-43C8-82A2-B697B53AB0A9.jpeg
EF834EEB-AE9E-4172-B7C9-1D81FF43F1CB.jpeg
0BC4FA50-66E3-490D-8DF9-FBB51055297F.jpeg
D4B3250A-A17C-4DD3-BD37-AD25A925D25F.jpeg

Well that is definitely bumble and a pretty bad case of it. Have you ever treated bumble before? As for her being bloated that doesn't look good ,Is she eating? poop pictures?
@casportpony any ideas? @Pyxis
How long has she been bloated like this?
I just noticed the bloating and foot today. She wasn’t walking correctly. I did notice something seemed different about her walking a few days ago. I have never seen anything like this. What do I do to help her?

The bumblefoot I am familiar with but the bloating I am not. I have had 2 chicken hens with ascites but never a duck and their bellies were squishy, not hard.

Let's see if @Isaac 0 is on.

For bumble, I soak for as many days as it takes to get the scab where I can easily peel it off without tearing good skin then I work on getting the infection out sometimes it comes out all at once with using a pair of sterile tweezers other times I have had to pick it out. Main thing is making sure it's all out then packing the hole with antibiotic salve and wrapping then checking every other day to make sure the infection is not forming again. Once your sure its all out let it stay wrapped till the skin has scabbed over. For soaking, you can use Epsom salt in the warm water just don't let her drink it because it's also a laxative.

For the bloating or whatever is going on. I hope some of these members I have tagged can help.
Any chance of getting her to a vet?

Back
Top Bottom