Duck body language?

This thread is helpful. What about when ducks fluff up and tuck their heads in? They start running around like crazy when they do this. They look ridiculous!

Quote:
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
Where else but BYC would you see pick up line like that???

My Daisy will do this this "whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis" side-eyed stare while raising her head oh so slowly if you say her name & ask her what she's doing. She does it whenever someone laughs & she hasn't give prior consent,also.
If we get into the treats container,she streches her neck at you,then points to the ground,like "Hey! You! Put it down here!" If you ignore her,she walks on your feet & does it,tapping your shins with the head bobbing thing.
That duck stare thing always gets me,though. Sometimes my pops calls me over to get her off his recliner:
"Get this duck off me,it's staring at me like Charlie Manson..."

My chocolate Ancona does the head thing to me when I come in the yard.
She snakes her head sideways and circles my drake.
I think it is her way of saying, "Step off, this is my man". I keep trying to tell her I am not interested, but she doesn't believe me.
Why else would I bring him peas, right?

The only other time she seems to do it is when the cat comes around. Pretty weird.

Were would I get a heated dog bowl from, I live in the uk and carnt find any pet shops that sell them.:/

Stardrop, do you have any stores for horses/livestock supplies? We call them feed stores here in the states. You may have better luck there.

Back
Top Bottom