Duck Breed Focus - Call Ducks

I never really had any desire to get ducks, I thought they were big, oafy, and messy. Last spring at a swap, one of my friends bought a white drake. After that, she found a white pair and knew that 2 boys and one gorl wouldn't work. She said I could have him if I wanted so I checked him out. He was sooo cute, I couldn't resist. I bought him, and swung by walmart after to buy him a kiddie pool.

I quickly fell in love, and immediately knew I NEEDED more call ducks. 7 ducks later, and I'm starting a new divided coop to separate and work on breeding different colors.

My favorite characteristics are their short little bills and chubby round cheeks.

Wow. Great story. Your pictures of the loves are great. I love those characteristics too. Very cute.

I never really had any desire to get ducks, I thought they were big, oafy, and messy. Last spring at a swap, one of my friends bought a white drake. After that, she found a white pair and knew that 2 boys and one gorl wouldn't work. She said I could have him if I wanted so I checked him out. He was sooo cute, I couldn't resist. I bought him, and swung by walmart after to buy him a kiddie pool. I quickly fell in love, and immediately knew I NEEDED more call ducks. 7 ducks later, and I'm starting a new divided coop to separate and work on breeding different colors. My favorite characteristics are their short little bills and chubby round cheeks.
Wow. Great story. Your pictures of the loves are great. I love those characteristics too. Very cute.
Thank you! Now I feel like such a thread hog :p

Last edited:
Can anyone show a comparison of their Call Duck eggs to a chicken egg? I'm curious about the size, color, etc.

right now i own 3 call ducks, but i plan get get more. i wanted them for a few reasons, i wanted them for showing, for pets and for breeding and selling. i love this breed because of their cute little bodies and their personalities, my call ducks are grey color verities, i have 2 males and 1 female. next spring im planning on buying chocolate and white ones, and maybe buff or pastel. my ducks names are toby, oliver and olivia.

most of these pictures are when they were molting

[COLOR=000000]right now i own 3 call ducks, but i plan get get more. i wanted them for a few reasons, i wanted them for showing, for pets and for breeding and selling. i love this breed because of their cute little bodies and their personalities, my call ducks are grey color verities, i have 2 males and 1 female. next spring im planning on buying chocolate and white ones, and maybe buff or pastel. my ducks names are toby, oliver and olivia. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]
[/COLOR]
most of these pictures are when they were molting

cute little bodies. Cute. Love their duckling friends too.

I'm so glad I found this post! I'm planning on getting call ducks soon. Probably snowy, but I think the white ones are adorable too.

Does anyone have pictures of their call duck's eggs and more pictures of call ducks?

Also, any advice about how I should construct their house, pen, and pond would be appreciated. This is all brand new to me and I'm having trouble finding information specific to call ducks.

Back
Top Bottom