Duck Breed Focus - Welsh Harlequin

Pics
I'm getting these in the spring!
welcome-byc.gif
Here is a WH 'ling photo to get you in the mood for your babies:

What to you band with?
That little cutie came from Metzer Farms. When you get sexed ducks from Metzer they come with the bands on them. Green = duck, Purple = drake, White = Runner duck, Something else (I didn't get any) = Runner drake. The bands are kind of like masking tape stuck to itself and they are hard to take off, but if you leave them on, they open slowly then fall off on their own in 4 weeks or so and by then you can tell the ducks apart much easier. (At no time did any of the ducks seem uncomfortable with their bands although sometimes they would pull on their own band or someone else's band because it was there.

That little cutie came from Metzer Farms. When you get sexed ducks from Metzer they come with the bands on them. Green = duck, Purple = drake, White = Runner duck, Something else (I didn't get any) = Runner drake. The bands are kind of like masking tape stuck to itself and they are hard to take off, but if you leave them on, they open slowly then fall off on their own in 4 weeks or so and by then you can tell the ducks apart much easier. (At no time did any of the ducks seem uncomfortable with their bands although sometimes they would pull on their own band or someone else's band because it was there.

I am so caught up in watching your avatar! How fun!

She's lovely!
Thank you. She's the one who, while in the house with us, leaned back past vertical and shot an egg out forward. We thought she was going to keel over right there, then when the egg popped out we were so relieved we just laughed like we were crazy. Because of that I used this avatar for a while...

You can see in the video she goes to straight vertical... when she shot out the egg, she went about 15 degrees farther back.
ep.gif

Thank you. She's the one who, while in the house with us, leaned back past vertical and shot an egg out forward. We thought she was going to keel over right there, then when the egg popped out we were so relieved we just laughed like we were crazy. Because of that I used this avatar for a while...

You can see in the video she goes to straight vertical... when she shot out the egg, she went about 15 degrees farther back.
ep.gif
lol.png
I wonder who was more surprised, you guys or her?

Back
Top Bottom