Duck Breed Focus - Welsh Harlequin

Pics
I still think yours is prettier
wink.png

But I love my little Jeep Jeep!
big_smile.png

Hey now, don't let Jeepers hear you say that.
lol.png

hi sorry to say your wrong my drake is gold not silver as are my ducks they are not silver mate .i won a prize showing them in the uk at the national show

@PotatoWaffles Funny, I was just going to post this and your post popped up on the bottom just as I was starting to type... BTW, WH don't get their full pattern until 2 years old which Rhiannon is nearing.

A recent curiosity got me looking into the difference between Silver Phase and Gold Phase because my Rhiannon is so dark and she is from Metzer who sells only Silver Phase.

@sumi , you might confirm then add this to the top description if you wish.

Although Silver Phase are typically lighter than Gold Phase, this is not always the case. The main differences can be described by what Gold Phase does not have... Gold Phase does not have black or gray markings - they are completely within the brown - buff spectrum with white. Gold Phase does not have blue/purple speculum feathers - They are brown. Gold Phase are very rare in the USA.

Of the pictures in the OP, they are:

1 GP ducks with a SP drake in the background. @duck&chickencrazy
2 SP drake @richie1
3 Who knows cute little 'lings @Theeggboxtoo
4 SP drake @Wifezilla
5 GP duck (foreground) SP duck and drake (background) @Zombified

# 5 makes a great comparison. In that case the Silver is darker than the Gold and on the Silver, you can see the black around the speculum feathers, the tail and on the head and neck that are not on the Gold Phase.
sorry but my drake is not silver phase he is gold same as my ducks mate .im from the uk and won at the national show with the drake shown

sorry but my drake is not silver phase he is gold same as my ducks mate .im from the uk and won at the national show with the drake shown
Not a problem at all. I would guess then as a person involved in the shows, you would have the correct info. Would you please enlighten me. I got my info from a breeder / seller of WH which seemed reputable enough and their site showed that the primary differences between silver and gold phase was that gold had brown speculum feathers not purple/blue and that gold did not have the black coloration. You drake has both so obviously this source was incorrect. Can you fill in the difference? We don't have many of the Gold Phase here in the US for me to see first hand. Thanks in advance.

I don't see why so cocky. You're just learning and made a simple mistake... but ahh well, I'm curious now too. Also, i agree on the drastic differences bit! Noir looks like a totally new duck!

I don't see why so cocky. You're just learning and made a simple mistake... but ahh well, I'm curious now too. Also, i agree on the drastic differences bit! Noir looks like a totally new duck!
Not cocky at all. That is is the problem with the printed word. Tone is very hard to interpret. I am curious just as you are. If someone knows better than I do I am completely open to their information. I would just like them to educate me rather than just say I am wrong. That way in the future I won't be wrong again.

Back
Top Bottom