Duck Breed Focus - Welsh Harlequin

Pics
Not cocky at all.  That is is the problem with the printed word.  Tone is very hard to interpret.  I am curious just as you are.  If someone knows better than I do I am completely open to their information.  I would just like them to educate me rather than just say I am wrong.  That way in the future I won't be wrong again.

Ahhh okay. Yeah, definitely very hard to tell printed word. Trying to tell what's sarcasm or not is especially difficult. Not relevant to this case but just a side note. :p i guess i just thought it though because of how much won and stuff but I don't know, maybe it wasn't intended like i read it. Hard to tell, like you said. But yeah, i am curious too. Definitely want to know. Also sorry, i think maybe i wasn't clear before, i more meant why they (richie) seemed cocky to you, not that you were being cocky. Though maybe they weren't being it, hopefully clarified that in the bits before this

Not a problem at all. I would guess then as a person involved in the shows, you would have the correct info. Would you please enlighten me. I got my info from a breeder / seller of WH which seemed reputable enough and their site showed that the primary differences between silver and gold phase was that gold had brown speculum feathers not purple/blue and that gold did not have the black coloration. You drake has both so obviously this source was incorrect. Can you fill in the difference? We don't have many of the Gold Phase here in the US for me to see first hand. Thanks in advance.

This is what I learned too so I am very curious as well to know why the drake is considered gold phase. I wonder if the difference is because of different standards.I looked up the British poultry standards but it didn't mention gold vs. silver. It said the wing spectrum should be bronze with green. It also said the tail should be dark brown so I wonder if the drake is dark brown but the picture is just making it look black.

(P.S. I didn't think your comment was cocky.)

This is what I learned too so I am very curious as well to know why the drake is considered gold phase. I wonder if the difference is because of different standards.I looked up the British poultry standards but it didn't mention gold vs. silver. It said the wing spectrum should be bronze with green. It also said the tail should be dark brown so I wonder if the drake is dark brown but the picture is just making it look black.

(P.S. I didn't think your comment was cocky.)

I read in another source that in the UK they only recognize gold phase. I would guess then that any non-gold traits would just be deviations. I wouldn't know. I don't show mine... Just spoil her rotten ;-)

Our full story behind why and how we are now raising our awesome WH can be found on my intro. I'm new to the site so should be relatively easy to find! Thanks everyone

These are my 2 WH, male and female, almost 3 months old playing in their very own pond!

Selfie!

Their awesome house made from Reclaimed Pallets that they never use.....

Seems like yesterday...

Little T-rex

Has anyone ever had a harlequin drake that doesn't have a green head. My son is supposed to have a drake but they all look like hens? Ps. If anyone has a drake near Richmond, va area he would love to talk about buying it off u.

Has anyone ever had a harlequin drake that doesn't have a green head. My son is supposed to have a drake but they all look like hens? Ps. If anyone has a drake near Richmond, va area he would love to talk about buying it off u.

Do you have a picture? What is the age?

Cute ducks @proteinjunkie . Does your drake have runner in him or is he just stretching in both of those pictures?

Back
Top Bottom