Duck Bumblefoot Up Into Leg

I came on here because my pekin has that same condition. Long story and running out of options, today we decided to open the white bump with a scalpel. A very large bumble chunk was pushed out. We taped it up, applied vetericyn and neosporin and confined her. So I agree, that bump is the infection! I honestly don’t know if I did the right thing so I’m not saying you should cut it, just that we did and it was definitely an infection, not bone or anything else. I’m on here looking for antibiotic ideas to continue treatment! Best luck.

Overwhelmed with internet threads, not really finding my answer.
Initial exam of this duck does not show the classic large bumble on foot, but my poultry breeder friend assures me that it is Bumblefoot which has traveled.
I'll bring him in and soak him and confirm there's no under foot wound to work on, but regardless what should I give him as an antibiotic?
What I have on hand is not what breeder friend recommended, but she didn't know if they were substitutes or not.

This is not a pet duck, but is a very nice fellow I had intended to use in a breeding trio. I'd rather not cull him but will if y'all determined he is not easily treatable.
Amoxicillin! Half of human dose!

Alright, so we have a baby duck with a severe peck wound, which I've posted about. He's around a month-2 months old and is just starting to get his white feathers. We want to prevent infection and read up on amoxicillin for ducks. We're not sure what the correct dosage would be for him. I'd say he's around 1/2lb-1lb
The dose is 125 mg/kg (57 mg per pound) twice a day.

🎡

Back
Top Bottom