Curled foot - pls help

OutbackQuackers

Songster
Aug 27, 2022
Qld, Australia
Male call duck hops around on one foot while his other is curled up. His eyes are also watering, making his face crusty.
It started a week ago and at first, I thought it was bumblefoot but now I'm not so sure. I've been soaking his foot in salt water every day for the past week and it hasn't seemed to help. I've put him in a carrier with clean bedding inside the duck house so the others don't bother him but he can still be with them.
But he seems to be getting worse(weaker) every day.
I have no idea what to do.
He is 6 months old and is still able to eat and drink

Attachments

• IMG_20231127_171247_3.jpg
    IMG_20231127_171247_3.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20231127_171156_3.jpg
    IMG_20231127_171156_3.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20231127_171121_3.jpg
    IMG_20231127_171121_3.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 16
When ducks have this curly toe symptom, it's often due to a riboflavin deficiency. Get some brewer's yeast and add it to the feed. The eyes may have dust or dirt or even a bacterial infection. Does the duck have a deep water container of fresh clean water to submerge its head? If not, you need to provide it. If the water is full of algae, you need to either treat the water with copper sulfate or take measures to clean it each day.

Flushing the eyes with saline eye wash daily and putting Terramycin in the eyes twice a day can treat a bacterial eye infection.

When ducks have this curly toe symptom, it's often due to a riboflavin deficiency. Get some brewer's yeast and add it to the feed. The eyes may have dust or dirt or even a bacterial infection. Does the duck have a deep water container of fresh clean water to submerge its head? If not, you need to provide it. If the water is full of algae, you need to either treat the water with copper sulfate or take measures to clean it each day.

Flushing the eyes with saline eye wash daily and putting Terramycin in the eyes twice a day can treat a bacterial eye infection.
Ok thank you so much, he has an ice cream container deep enough to dunk his head in.

Back
Top Bottom