Duck can't get the egg out...

Hugs Rach..... Arielle was not drinking and your girl is so she isn't as bad off as mine. Arielle will be missed but it is a part of life and that just happens sometimes. Not much we could do about it
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Update: There was an egg in the pen tonight and she is the only one in the pen. (Don't know what kind of condition the egg is in) So either she passed it or was suffering from eversion or something else yesterday. Thank you to the ones who posted suggestions on what to do to help her.
smile.png

I do not wish this to happen to anyone else’s birds because it is a terrible thing to go though-- not knowing what is wrong or what to do for them.

No she does not get supplement calcium I have four other females (two of the exact same age and they are fine) but I am looking into getting some from my feed store or where ever I have to get it. I have never had any issue the past four years with my other females not getting extra calcium because they forage almost all day and then provided pellets at night. My older females have hatched their own eggs without recieving supplements either. Glad that she is better and hope that it does not happen in the future!

Some people give clean, crunched up egg shells free choice. I think each duck's little body is different. Some need more of certain nutrients to thrive. I have two runners who HATE to be colder than about 40 degrees F. The rest don't seem to mind subfreezing temperatures. Most egg shells are thick, one lays a slightly thinner egg - everyone gets the same feed, same treatment.

I am willing to give whatever she needs to be happy and healthy so I guess she is just a little more high maintenance
tongue.png
but I might try the crushed egg shells.

Back
Top Bottom