duck chirping inside question PLEASE HELP NEED ADVICE

Abradley642

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2019
so today is day 32 for a duck egg in my incubator. We did drill the hole Saturday bc we knew it had pipped internally and it had been several days. today I heard the duck chirping just now, so is it ok? if it is chirping does that mean that it is not shrink wrapped or anything?

Chirping is a good sign. That means it has enough air to breathe. If you keep your humidity stable and resist opening the incubator, it should be okay. It can take up to three days for ducklings to hatch after internally pipping.

Chirping is a good sign. That means it has enough air to breathe. If you keep your humidity stable and resist opening the incubator, it should be okay. It can take up to three days for ducklings to hatch after internally pipping.
ok thanks! so even if this is day 32 it can take 3 days? and on my incubator i have to open to add water to bring up humidity, which i already did earlier today (VERY QUICKLY) . I hope I do not have to open again before it hatches. Just glad that chirping is a good sign since this is day 32! I actually was so close to giving up bc it had been 32 days. so glad I kept trying to get a sign.

still hear chirping but no break through. this is only one egg, the other egg was not fertilized. i have other ducks but this one has really done well all the way through. i still heard chirping and saw the egg move. i know it takes time but the air hole was done saturday. i know i have to be patient but my nerves are shot

my ducks are family and even come inside and hang out. I am so stressed. I wish I could help

Did it just start peeping yesterday? I'm not an expert at assisted hatching. They should normally hatch within 48 hours of internally pipping. But if it's shrink wrapped, then it won't be able to hatch on it's own and you will have to intervene.

Back
Top Bottom