Duck closing eyes

Vidaminyl its onlyfor increase apetite yah i have duck feed.i will kept it in bigger box. Plz anyone guide me that Whats issue? She is in much pain.

Vidaminyl its onlyfor increase apetite yah i have duck feed.i will kept it in bigger box. Plz anyone guide me that Whats issue? She is in much pain.
We need to know the answer to the questions. Help us to help the duck.
Does she have water? I didn't see any in the box.
Where are you located and who told you to give her something to increase her appetite? You should not be giving her anything until someone here advises you to do so. If you do it wrong you can cause her to aspirate it into her lungs and that can cause her to sound like she has a respiratory sickness...like whistling.
@Miss Lydia @Isaac 0 @Eggcessive @casportpony @Wyorp Rock

Last edited:
We need to know the answer to the questions. Help us to help the duck.
Does she have water? I didn't see any in the box.
Where are you located and who told you to give her something to increase her appetite? You should not be giving her anything until someone here advises you to do so. If you do it wrong you can cause her to aspirate it into her lungs and that can cause her to sound like she has a respiratory sickness...like whistling.
@Miss Lydia @Isaac 0 @Eggcessive @casportpony @Wyorp Rock
At night i never kept water. But she has enough access to water.but about vitamin syrup, vet has told me about that. But now he is not available to help me out.so plz tell me what I have to do? Any medicine?

We're speaking with her in a PM, but I'll post this here just for future reference.

I do agree, that something abnormal is going on here. It is very hard for us to help, when you avoid questions, so please answer them directly.

What is she being kept in? I looked back at one of your previous threads, and you were keeping your chicks in a tiny shoebox, are you doing the same with her? Ducklings are very messy, so keeping them in a small area you're bound to have an overaccumulation of feces on the brooder floor which in effect, will likely cause numerous problems.

Do you have a head deep water dish for her? Ducklings need to be able to clean their nares and eyes out most of the day to maintain proper hygiene.

Have you given her any fluids orally? If so what?

What are you feeding them?

It seems like there is a management issue going on, that needs to be correct since this isn't the first time this has happened.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/head-shaking-chicks.1366152/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/constipation.1391113/

The duckling in this thread was not being kept in good conditions .

A picture of your setup would be wonderful.

Respiratory infection give Tylan 50 or if you can find it tylan 200 give in muscle tractor supply carries it. Give for 3 days if not better she Will get worse and the humane thing to do is put her down.. good luck

Respiratory infection give Tylan 50 or if you can find it tylan 200 give in muscle tractor supply carries it. Give for 3 days if not better she Will get worse and the humane thing to do is put her down.. good luck

Respiratory infections in Waterfowl are quite rare, instead of jumping to the conclusion that it is one without any sound evidence to back it up, we might consider other problems that are management related that are seen more often. Lack of head deep water, could easily cause problems like this.

Respiratory infections in Waterfowl are quite rare, instead of jumping to the conclusion that it is one without any sound evidence to back it up, we might consider other problems that are management related that are seen more often. Lack of head deep water, could easily cause problems like this.
And I agree...keeping the ducks in a clean living environment with enough space, with the right feed and water lets ducks thrive (be healthy).

Back
Top Bottom