Duck disappeared

my duckling disappeared today from 2 to 4 pm :( no trace... I am so sad!! it must be a cat
I'm so sorry how old was your duckling and was it by itself? and
welcome-byc.gif

Was it truly the "middle of the day"? Or was it closer to dusk? Great horned owls hunt at both dusk and dawn and will take a full grown duck with out signs of attack. Furthermore, their flight is silent so the duck wont even hear them coming.
I have a running duck missing. I have a small stream and they are in a stock fence area. My horses go out in the same pen at night because my ducks have a small yard with a duck house for night time. On sign of it not a feather or sign of a struggle

I lost a Muscovy duck to a fox last year around noon. The flock of 10 were free-ranging near their coop. I was not more than 50 feet away but running equipment and facing away. Turned around to see the fox running across the yard with the duck. Too late to save her.
Coyotes and foxes here have lost their fear of humans, and seem very aware of which places have dogs. A hungry animals, especially with young to feed, are going to take risks.

I have a running duck missing. I have a small stream and they are in a stock fence area. My horses go out in the same pen at night because my ducks have a small yard with a duck house for night time. On sign of it not a feather or sign of a struggle
:welcome Can you explain this better. was this during the day or at night? Runners are very light so an owl at night a large redtail during the day could easily carry one-off. Like was mentioned predators are sly that is why they outwit us humans and their pry. I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom