Duck egg day 16

That’s about right
By day 23-24 I usually see shadowing along the lower part of the air cell
Before that can happen you need that area filled in with baby
I see no internal pip but the air sac is now shadowed. The baby is moving i can feel him in the egg and now theres an external crack. Is he hatching??

Attachments

• IMG_4663.jpeg
    IMG_4663.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 6
I see no internal pip but the air sac is now shadowed. The baby is moving i can feel him in the egg and now theres an external crack. Is he hatching??
That is an external pip as miss Lydia said they take a long time to hatch so be patient it can take up to 48 hours to finish
How long does he stay in the incubator? And what temp? ( after hatching)
If they hatch in the evening/afternoon I leave them in the incubator over night I find that they don't fluff up until they come out, if they hatch in the morning then I wait till they are moving around and put them in the brooder and keep a close eye on them, but if i am going out I leave them in the incubator either till the next day or when ever I get back (depending on what time I get back)
And as for the temp just leave it at the temp it was for hatching, mother duck would not change temp for a newly hatched duckling because she would usually have other eggs that still needed to hatch
Good luck I hope baby hatches

Yes that’s a zip starting
Sometimes they zip fast and other times they do a little then rest then a little and rest
But it’s going around the egg and that’s what you want to see

I definitely see veins! Last question..
I started incubating 03/19. The temperature has been pretty consistently 99-101. But the humidity has been a struggle to keep right. Its been around 55-75% but usually around 65-68.
Looking at the candling chart we look ahead on development most of the egg is dark with a small area where i can see veins. Could it be hatching earlier than 26/28 days due to the humidity being higher? When should I stop turning?
He hatched! Thanks for your guidance! This is the food i have..is this ok? He was born yesterday at 1:45 but isnt drinking or eating very much!

Attachments

• IMG_4823.jpeg
    IMG_4823.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom