Duck egg ideas?

wildwestcoast

Songster
8 Years
Mar 7, 2015
Vancouver Island, Canada
Hi all :) a friend from work is giving me a dozen duck eggs to try. I have heard they taste different than chicken eggs. Some even say they taste fishy. I hope not! Should I just use them in baking or are they good in regular egg dishes? Do you have any favourite ways to cook them? :jumpy

I scramble them babies up or cook them over easy to get the most taste out of them. They just have a little bit of a stronger egg taste. Great for breakfast, never cooked anything else with them

I did a quick search and found this:
duck-eggs-vs-chicken-eggs-in-baking

I've read before duck eggs are great for baking, this article confirms that.

Enjoy them!
smiley duck.gif

Hi all :) a friend from work is giving me a dozen duck eggs to try. I have heard they taste different than chicken eggs. Some even say they taste fishy. I hope not! Should I just use them in baking or are they good in regular egg dishes? Do you have any favourite ways to cook them? :jumpy
Fishy? Not how I would describe them at all. We like to describe them as tasting "clean"- people give us weird looks until they try it and then agree that, yes, that is an apt description.

I use them for everything I use chicken eggs for.
Stubbornly. Because they are harder to peel. So boiled eggs can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.
I do not notice a fishy taste. I would describe them as more rubbery. The eggwhite is thicker and less salty and more tasteless then chicken. It has way more eggyellow though. And eggyellow is awesome. But it runs less then chicken egg-yellow. So no awesome fried eggs with runny egg-yellow :'(
I prefer chicken eggs. They are more moist and less rubbery and have more taste. Some people I know prefer duck-eggs. I asked them why but they could only answer 'they taste better'.

So I guess you just have to find out on what side you are :p

Due to having too many duck eggs we force-shower everyone we know with duck-eggs. 90 procent reacts with 'they are not much different then chicken eggs!' and 10 procent with 'they are way better then chicken eggs!'. But 0 reactions how they hated them.

The only advantage I noticed where they overrule chicken-eggs; meatballs, dough, and other stuff where you have to mix in a raw egg to make structure. After I found that out I also met a baker. Well, I had met the baker before; but he learned that I have duck eggs. And went crazy. Apparently bakers use for years duck eggs instead of chicken eggs because of better baking results =/

I use them for everything I use chicken eggs for.
Stubbornly. Because they are harder to peel. So boiled eggs can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.
I do not notice a fishy taste. I would describe them as more rubbery. The eggwhite is thicker and less salty and more tasteless then chicken. It has way more eggyellow though. And eggyellow is awesome. But it runs less then chicken egg-yellow. So no awesome fried eggs with runny egg-yellow :'(
I prefer chicken eggs. They are more moist and less rubbery and have more taste. Some people I know prefer duck-eggs. I asked them why but they could only answer 'they taste better'.

So I guess you just have to find out on what side you are :p

Due to having too many duck eggs we force-shower everyone we know with duck-eggs. 90 procent reacts with 'they are not much different then chicken eggs!' and 10 procent with 'they are way better then chicken eggs!'. But 0 reactions how they hated them.

The only advantage I noticed where they overrule chicken-eggs; meatballs, dough, and other stuff where you have to mix in a raw egg to make structure. After I found that out I also met a baker. Well, I had met the baker before; but he learned that I have duck eggs. And went crazy. Apparently bakers use for years duck eggs instead of chicken eggs because of better baking results =/

Interesting feedback!

Duck egg mayo, duck egg ice cream, duck egg corn bread, duck egg scrambled...... etc etc etc

Does your friend have a drake? Maybe duck egg babyducks who make MORE duck eggs for you mwahahahahahah

Cough

I mean.

Ducks are the best, and duck eggs are tasty

Sorry, before coffee

We do fantastic Thai Omelette with duck eggs.

Mix the eggs with sugar or honey, fish sauce, salt, pepper, basil. Cut any type of veggies you have in the fridge, chili and garlic, stir fry them with olive oil and add your egg mix in the pan. Treat it like scramble eggs on high heat at first and let it sit for a while on medium heat to stick together.

Simple and good recipe.

Back
Top Bottom