Duck egg under hen day 29, need help

Here are some pictures from today
I see some darker lines, but it doesnt really look like healthy veining... I would prepare yourself for the worst at this point, since it is very late. Did you see any movement at all? Or any veins? sometimes its easier to see veining in person than on camera. And what day are we on now?

Let me call in some people, @New duck mommy 2021 @WVduckchick

Personally if there are no signs of life, and we are past day 31, I think the right cause of action is to cautiously start to open the egg from above the air cell. Like how you would according to this Assisted hatching article
I would prepare yourself for the worst, but still be careful just in case.

This is what I think, personally, but maybe wait until the others come to the thread, they may have some thoughts to share too.

To me it looks like the air cell dropped
If there is bruising baby most likely tried to pip outside the air cell and couldn’t get out
When I see a bruise on my eggs outside the air cell I make a safety hole in the middle of the bruise
You said this was the only egg under the hen. She may not have started to heat it up the second you put it under her
My duck sat for 30 days and her one egg that made it bruised the wrong end and I had to do a full assist with that baby she was born day 30-31 from when I saw mom sit 24/7
you could look for the bruise and make the safety hole in it if it’s outside the air cell

I see some darker lines, but it doesnt really look like healthy veining... I would prepare yourself for the worst at this point, since it is very late. Did you see any movement at all? Or any veins? sometimes its easier to see veining in person than on camera. And what day are we on now?

Let me call in some people, @New duck mommy 2021 @WVduckchick

Personally if there are no signs of life, and we are past day 31, I think the right cause of action is to cautiously start to open the egg from above the air cell. Like how you would according to this Assisted hatching article
I would prepare yourself for the worst, but still be careful just in case.

This is what I think, personally, but maybe wait until the others come to the thread, they may have some thoughts to share too.
I see very slight veins, but no movement Thank you ♥️ I am going to assist the egg today. Prepared for the worst☹️

To me it looks like the air cell dropped
If there is bruising baby most likely tried to pip outside the air cell and couldn’t get out
When I see a bruise on my eggs outside the air cell I make a safety hole in the middle of the bruise
You said this was the only egg under the hen. She may not have started to heat it up the second you put it under her
My duck sat for 30 days and her one egg that made it bruised the wrong end and I had to do a full assist with that baby she was born day 30-31 from when I saw mom sit 24/7
you could look for the bruise and make the safety hole in it if it’s outside the air cell
Thank you I am going place a safety hole and start the egg assisting process today,

I wish there was a happy ending to this story… day 33 egg assisting …
baby never turned, was in the beak down position, never internally pipped. Not sure what happened. Wish I knew more maybe I could have intervened earlier.
Thank you again for all of your advise and support!! It is much appreciated ♥️

I wish there was a happy ending to this story… day 33 egg assisting …
baby never turned, was in the beak down position, never internally pipped. Not sure what happened. Wish I knew more maybe I could have intervened earlier.
Thank you again for all of your advise and support!! It is much appreciated ♥️
I’m sorry about the baby. Sometimes they are just not right. 😕

Back
Top Bottom