Duck egg with no shell

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
I have a friend who has 2 indian runner ducks. He calls me over and says something you wont believe was just layed. So I come over and one of his ducks layed an egg that was a fully formed egg, just without the shell. It was squishy and everything. Does this mean one of his ducks egg laying is coming to an end? Will one of his ducks stop laying because the egg layed before it was a blue tint, not a green tint like they normally lay.

Assuming the ducks are getting enough calcium, this is likely just a reproductive "quirk". I get one from my Runners every once in a blue moon, too. My guess is she'll resume laying her normal eggs soon.

The color may have looked different because the bloom didn't have a shell to go on. 🙂

I have a friend who has 2 indian runner ducks. He calls me over and says something you wont believe was just layed. So I come over and one of his ducks layed an egg that was a fully formed egg, just without the shell. It was squishy and everything. Does this mean one of his ducks egg laying is coming to an end? Will one of his ducks stop laying because the egg layed before it was a blue tint, not a green tint like they normally lay.
It’s no big deal, some of our ‘teen’ chickens lay those. A little bit of calcium for them, and the shells are back.

Back
Top Bottom