Duck eggs availability?

amarook

Songster
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Wellsburg
I'm thinking about looking into hatching some duck eggs once we have an incubator up and running. I'm either going to buy one, or my DBF is going to make one.
smile.png

Would anyone have any duck eggs available in the next couple months they'd be willing to part with?

I'm interested in buff orpingtons, but if I can't find them, then any other breed that won't make too much noise, and won't be too big.
wink.png

Thanks!

I'm gonna have mallard eggs out my butt all summer,

as well as Pekin (crested x non), however it's a gamble on those, those ducks are fairly older, I've never gotten one to develop, though several have been fertile, and Blue swedish eggs(blue swed x pekin)

and maybe some runner eggs, though these girls are ina constant state of broody, so they like, never lay anymore!

I don't have buffs, but I do have pekin, rouen, and cayuga. The pekin girls are pretty loud when they want something, but most times they are quiet. But they are all 'meat' birds, especially the rouen and pekin, they get up to 10 lbs. The cayugas are meat birds too, but don't get quite as big.
I probably won't have cayuga eggs then actually, she is hiding her nest somewhere and I can't find it! I think I'm just going to let her set, I've never seen a mama duck with babies!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom