Duck eggs hatching - 2 now gone quiet...

Thank you, we were really sad, he was such a perfect little duckling when we managed to get him out šŸ’”

Holding out hope for the other 2 - still no wobbles or signs of internal pipping - will keep you posted. I think I had my days miscalculated as it is actually Day 27 today so they are within a normal time frame to start hatching hopefully! Keeping our fingers crossed :)

Update - Day 28: No signs of pips or movement...still hoping for the best

How are the eggs? Anything? If not, have you candled?
We are on day 29 now and just candled - no sign of internal pip or movement. Just did the float test and the big end floats well as they do have big air pockets but the narrow end points downwards so I'm not sure what to make of that. The lack of movement when candling is the most concerning part for me...Do you think we should leave them in the incubator for another day? Thanks for your help!

I would be opening them up around the big end. Just start to pull little bits of shell of around in a circle the same way they chipp it of.
They haven't even internally pipped yet, no reason to rush to that just yet.

I would candle again on day 30.

Do not do the float test, that is dangerous. If there was any type of crack, water could rush in the egg and drown ducko.

Can you take pictures next time you candle?

They haven't even internally pipped yet, no reason to rush to that just yet.

I would candle again on day 30.

Do not do the float test, that is dangerous. If there was any type of crack, water could rush in the egg and drown ducko.

Can you take pictures next time you candle?

Okay, won't do the float test again, I did check for hairline cracks but couldn't see anything.

Sure here are the most recent photos from Day 30 - no internal pip yet and no movement (the bottom egg is the one with the dark patches that are visible on the outside of the egg - top photo)
PXL_20201119_120115273.jpg

IMG-20201121-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20201121-WA0001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom