Duck eggs Hatching questions

niteshade

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
how long do duck eggs move before they are suppose to pip? Some of mine started moving Sunday and still have not pipped the rest started monday and they have not pipped either a couple have yellow spots now are they dead?

Last edited:
Quote:
Moving just means they are turning inside the eggs. The yellow spots, if it is inside the air cell, normally means the duckling has pipped into the air cell, and is perfectly normal. I had one hatch yesterday that had been pipped into the membrane 2 days before, and I never saw the egg move. Also, they can take up to 3 days to hatch after pipping the shell.

i got 4 pekin eggs, two have a star shape i guess it is a pip??? i egg has 2 nest to each other the other egg has about 3. the other 2 eggs are moving but dont see anythin. they are sppose to hatch this saturday. they are all moving. but the thing is my humdity is 79% and temp 100. it was on 58% and 102 degrees. is this ok?? i put 2 eggs in after i had 2 eggs in 3 days later, what is the chance it will hurt them??? the 2 that are suppose to hatch 3 days after the 1st hatch is moving just like the others. any inputs???

They should be fine, and you want them to have higher humidity than chickens. I believe I have heard that you are supposed to lower the temps anyway when it gets time to hatch, so they should do fine.

Thanks I got 9 ducks that pipped this morning or last night one looked like it pipped has a dark spot on the shell has some yellow liquid is it dead? Found another with same spot but no liquid coming out yet but it might not have punctured the membrane. I uncovered the pipped parts and gave them a bit of water they all shoved their beaks out and went nuts. None hatching yet. How long do I give them to get out before I worry one does seem weaker then the rest was not as adimate about squeaking as the others I set it aside a little in case I need to help it just not sure when to worry
Thanks again for the advice

I'm having sort of the same issue. My ducks started hatching on day 25. Today is day 29 and 5 have hatched. I have about 7 eggs remaining and I don't see any movement. A couple of eggs have turned mottled with dark patches. All had ducks develop in all of them. How long should I give them to hatch before giving up?

I would wait until they start smelling, not all eggs are the same and some chicks just take longer. I have had my ducks hatch up to 31 days. Kind of like humans, just because they say 9 months does not mean exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom