Duck eggs haven't hatched?...

Y master

Chirping
Feb 5, 2018
Hey everyone. I bought a dozen Saxony bantam duck eggs and eight were fertile, but it's now day 30 and nothing has happened? I don't know why and I am pretty sure I did everything correctly. The ducklings look fully formed but I can't see their beaks in the air sac.
Thanks.

I've never heard of bantam saxony ducks, I'll have to look them up :) Being bantams, are they expected on day 28 as usual or do they hatch on day 26 as other bantam breeds do?

Can you tell us whether your incubator was still air or forced air, and what temperature you have been keeping it? If you could post a picture of an egg while you are candling it, that would help too.

I've never heard of bantam saxony ducks, I'll have to look them up :) Being bantams, are they expected on day 28 as usual or do they hatch on day 26 as other bantam breeds do?

Can you tell us whether your incubator was still air or forced air, and what temperature you have been keeping it? If you could post a picture of an egg while you are candling it, that would help too.
I'm pretty sure they were meant to hatch on day 28 and my incubator has a fan in it, so is that forced air? My incubators at 38 degrees Celsius (but I only judge that by the inbuilt thermometer). Most of them look like the pic attached. (not a very good picture sorry)

Attachments

• IMG20181114072157.jpg
    IMG20181114072157.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 19
I'm pretty sure they were meant to hatch on day 28 and my incubator has a fan in it, so is that forced air? My incubators at 38 degrees Celsius (but I only judge that by the inbuilt thermometer). Most of them look like the pic attached. (not a very good picture sorry)

The built in thermometers on a lot of incubators aren't very accurate, so I would definitely buy another thermometer, calibrate it, and then check what temperature it says it is in your incubator.

Looking at the egg picture, the air cell looks very small. What have you been keeping the humidity at?

Back
Top Bottom