Duck eggs rocking for 4 days now..

EstefanyHernandez10

In the Brooder
May 27, 2017
My Coop
My Coop
Hello! I am new and I have seen my eggs always seem to be rocking. I don't know their hatch date as I rescued them. I'm guessing they are on day 27??? Anyways they have rocked for the past 4 days and I saw a duckling today that was like yanking at the air sac as if nibbling... Is this normal because it seems to me as if it is struggling to open the air sac to make its internal pip. I also see it pressing against the air sac and when it nibbles the air sac it pulls it hard as if its desperate to open it... Is this normal???? Plz help!

I'm assuming you have them in an incubator, if so, try kicking up the humidity to 70%, This was super advice from the lady at Stromberg's for My first time hatching Bob Whites. We just hatched 64 of 74 Bob eggs, Super hatch rate, much higher than I could have hoped for.

Thank you! Do you think misting the eggs will make them reach this on top of the water trays I have below them?

It wouldn't hurt. I'm curious as to how you are monitoring all of this without constant handling. It's best to let things be the last few days before they hatch, They call it the hands off days. I hope they do hatch out for you. I have had terrible luck in assisting chicks and quail out. I have learned, not all were meant to make it for one reason or another. Nearly every one helped out, died withing 3 hours. Let mother nature do her thing is what we do now. Good luck

It wouldn't hurt. I'm curious as to how you are monitoring all of this without constant handling. It's best to let things be the last few days before they hatch, They call it the hands off days. I hope they do hatch out for you. I have had terrible luck in assisting chicks and quail out. I have learned, not all were meant to make it for one reason or another. Nearly every one helped out, died withing 3 hours. Let mother nature do her thing is what we do now. Good luck

I will stop handling then then! Thanks for the info☺ but I will just look at the from the incubator cuz i know rocking is a sign of life.

Back
Top Bottom