Duck eggs soon to hatch?

Pics
The proper term would be zoomie videos. That is when all the ducklings are sleeping peacefully and then one gets up. Suddenly, all of them get up go eat, drink, poop , run around at unbelievable speed, stretch, repeat, and after about 15 minutes it stops . Then they sleep again for an hour to and hour and a half if undisturbed , and the process repeats itself.
That is hilarious! I had no idea that happened. Can’t wait!

Attachments

• EDD22D5E-0473-4160-B776-C65982A4D9F8.jpeg
    EDD22D5E-0473-4160-B776-C65982A4D9F8.jpeg
    338.6 KB · Views: 8
Sure makes ya want to smooch on them! Any more making progress?
One looks like it’s starting to zip. The rest except one just have the small external pip. The two that hatched today were much further along than the rest. The one that hasn’t popped externally though I’m starting to worry about. It’s pipped internally and looks like it should have externally pipped by now

How is the one you turned over? Sorry, I was busy for a bit earlier. Usually it's not a good idea to turn the ones that pip on the bottom of the egg. They know what they're doing and it disorients them. Just like how it isn't good to turn eggs past day 18 (for chickens etc.) It probably will be fine, but just for future reference it usually just confused them. They have plenty of air with the air cell, and they can breathe through the pores once they externally pip. Don't turn it back though, it will just become more confused. It will most likely figure it out by itself. 😉 You're babies are precious! The one that hasn't externally pipped yet is probably fine. How long has it been internally pipped? You can make a very small hole in the air cell if you want to. Just take a sterile pin or needle and scrtach a small x on the air cell. Once you have it scratched pretty far down, poke a tiny hole in the middle of the x. That way it can have air. It's probably fine though.

It's ok. Sorry I wasnt on earlier. I'll check back in a bit. Always wanted a broody! Sounds so nice. We got a Partridge cochin, so maybe she'll go broody.

Back
Top Bottom