Duck eggs soon to hatch?

Pics
Sorry the photo above was the same one as before haha. What about this size?
Yep that's good. Leave it at that. The one with no movement, go ahead and open him up further. Go big enough to reach in a warm damp q-tip. Run him really gently with it. If he's alive he'll move.

Yep that's good. Leave it at that. The one with no movement, go ahead and open him up further. Go big enough to reach in a warm damp q-tip. Run him really gently with it. If he's alive he'll move.
What do you do exactly do make the hole bigger without cracking it? And also how do you lay out your good am water? Do you out in containers? Right on the bottom? Thank you 🙏🏻

What do you do exactly do make the hole bigger without cracking it? And also how do you lay out your good am water? Do you out in containers? Right on the bottom? Thank you 🙏🏻
I use an exacto for mine. If you don't have one, just push the pin or needle or even a small knife if that's all you have. Push it under the hole a little and lift up. It should break off a small piece of shell. Leave the white membrane in there. Just do little pieces at a time until you have a big enough hole. You can even just blow on the baby a little or chirp to it once you can see it some. What do you mean about water containers? Like a waterer?

Do you mean while you work on the egg? I just lay a towel down on the table and set it on that to work on it.

I use an exacto for mine. If you don't have one, just push the pin or needle or even a small knife if that's all you have. Push it under the hole a little and lift up. It should break off a small piece of shell. Leave the white membrane in there. Just do little pieces at a time until you have a big enough hole. You can even just blow on the baby a little or chirp to it once you can see it some. What do you mean about water containers? Like a waterer?
Okay I will try that now thank you. And it just seems like the ducklings aren’t sure what to do with the food and water at first. I didn’t know if you actually just sprinkled food directly onto the pad/cloth at the bottom of the brooder?

How old is the oldest one? Did you get FR or some sort of duck starter? Yep right on the ground in a little pile. They'll get curious and taste some when they get hungry. ;)

How old is the oldest one? Did you get FR or some sort of duck starter? Yep right on the ground in a little pile. They'll get curious and taste some when they get hungry. ;)
Over a day old now. Question I’m worried about one egg who I feel like is having a hard time breaking out of its shell. This egg I thought may have zipped yesterday. The pip hole is getting bigger and it’s poking its beak out, but can’t seem to maybe wiggle enough to make the full zip circle? When do I assist with that?

Over a day old now. Question I’m worried about one egg who I feel like is having a hard time breaking out of its shell. This egg I thought may have zipped yesterday. The pip hole is getting bigger and it’s poking its beak out, but can’t seem to maybe wiggle enough to make the full zip circle? When do I assist with that?

Attachments

• 4A8AB6C4-B55E-47F4-8885-A1349DD1A44B.jpeg
    4A8AB6C4-B55E-47F4-8885-A1349DD1A44B.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom