Duck Eggs Turning Black

Ahygre21

Chirping
Mar 30, 2022
I am hatching duck eggs. It is day 26, and I have about 25-ish eggs in the incubator. Some of the eggs are turning into this dark color and I am worried about if they are duds and if they are going to explode. The incubator is in lockdown, so I cannot open it as I have one egg that has externally pipped. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_6952.jpeg
    IMG_6952.jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6953.jpeg
    IMG_6953.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 23
Yes examine those black eggs asap. Much more harm will be done if those eggs explode/contaminate other eggs and chicks, than any slight chance of potential harm done in quickly opening the incubator.

I am hatching duck eggs. It is day 26, and I have about 25-ish eggs in the incubator. Some of the eggs are turning into this dark color and I am worried about if they are duds and if they are going to explode. The incubator is in lockdown, so I cannot open it as I have one egg that has externally pipped. Thoughts?
Hi, I have the same issue with 2 of my duck eggs. Please tell what happened, did they hatch or were they sadly gone?

I had 6 eggs incubating, 1 hatched bang on time, a day later another started to hatch but couldn't make it out and sadly died but I couldn't assist as another had started hatching by the time I got home from work. Thankfully that one made it, 2 days after the first one had hatched though. Out of 6 eggs, I only have ducklings plus the 2 turning dark and it's 3 days over now.

Curious to find out what happened with yours?

Back
Top Bottom