Duck eggs

duckmom68

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2015
I have 8 free range ducks and the coop the females lay eggs wherever they want.
I hatch out a bunch in the spring and i have a lot of orders for Khaki Campbell's but i keep hatch out a lot of
Mallards. What can i do and is there a way to tell what egg is the Khaki Campbell's from the Mallard's?

Here is a photo

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

That would be a good question to ask over on the duck forum...maybe someone there can give you some tips on how to tell them apart:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Good luck!

I have 8 free range ducks and the coop the females lay eggs wherever they want. I hatch out a bunch in the spring and i have a lot of orders for Khaki Campbell's but i keep hatch out a lot of Mallards. What can i do and is there a way to tell what egg is the Khaki Campbell's from the Mallard's? Here is a photo

Our Campbell's lay large all pearl white eggs. Those look like they have pink on them, that's the difference if they were in our flock, how we would be able to tell them apart. Ours have a duck habitat, and prefer that to roaming the farm property, even to the creek that is right near them. I would have a shelter of some kind, and only feed them there, they can have a non gmo all stock as a treat in addition to forage. When they know that's where the food lady or person is, they will roost and lay there too!
1f60a.png

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. I don't know ducks but, the best place for duck info is on the "duck thread." if you put that in the search box it will pop up.

Back
Top Bottom