Duck eggs

duckmom68

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2015
I have free range ducks 2 Khaki Campbell and 3 Mallards 1 runner and 1 Ancona and 1

Drake In the coop the ducks lay wherever they want
now the problem is in the spring i hatch out a bunch of ducklings and i have a lot of orders for Khaki Campbell but i get a lot of Mallard ducklings how can i tell them apart all the eggs are whiten and the same size.

I have free range ducks 2 Khaki Campbell and 3 Mallards 1 runner and 1 Ancona and 1

Drake In the coop the ducks lay wherever they want
now the problem is in the spring i hatch out a bunch of ducklings and i have a lot of orders for Khaki Campbell but i get a lot of Mallard ducklings how can i tell them apart all the eggs are whiten and the same size.
What bred is your Drake ? My Indian Runner`s egg is light blue and small. My Khaki`s egg is large and is almost white.
What is interesting to me is what your drake is.

You might want to keep the khakis in a closed pen if you want true khakis I keep my ducks in separate enclosures during breeding season so I don't end up getting unidentifiable ducks
I built my bucks a smaller house as well to split them up then when the season is over I remove the fences and let them all mingle

I just built these 2 houses. They are small free standing units and I put them on either side of the big house they are only 2x4 while the big house is 4x5
Hope this helps

Last edited:
What bred is your Drake ? My Indian Runner`s egg is light blue and small.  My Khaki`s egg is large and is almost white.
What is interesting to me is  what your drake is. 
My Indian runner eggs are blue too
They start out small then get really big
So big the egg carton does not close
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom