Duck eye infection--won't stop scratching

I've got some good news about my duck, but I've also been presented with another challenge. She's off her meds now and appears to be okay. Her foot still concerns me a bit with the area we operated on. I'm wondering if ducks can have scar tissue from foot trauma like that. There appears to still be a knot but it isn't the same as it was pre-surgery.

Also, here is my problem: yesterday, my husband put duck shoes on her and let her back in the run with the others. At first, all seemed okay. Later, he said he witnesses two other ducks trying to kill her. They were both jumping on her and shaking her head with their bills. He immediately put her back in the cage she's been in. I don't know what went wrong. We have her in a rabbit cage that has been sitting in our big run so they can all see each other. A couple of weeks ago, our runner started to get very vocal and mad at our sick duck. She would come right to the cage and quack loudly at her. She started doing this every day and I witnessed a drake push her away a few days ago. The runner and golden cascade are the two that ganged up. I don't get it. They've all been together since earlier this year. Could it have something to do with her vet visit? Maybe they didn't recognize the scent or something? I'm not sure what to do. She needs out of the cage now but she has been through so much. I don't want them to kill her. Help.

Back
Top Bottom