Duck feeders?

Thanks for posting this question. I'm the proud new owner to a Khaki Campbell and a domestic Mallard (so I've been told!) and I'm clueless about ducks. Thankfully, they're only about 2 weeks old so they're eating out of a small container right now.

I am using a hanging feeder that self-dispenses. What I would love to find is a very large rabbit-style feed bin. You know one of those rectangular, metal feeders that has a flip-up lid and mesh in the bottom to let the dust fall out. Can't find a large enough one. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

I have one of the metal flip up lid-mesh bottom kind--I just got it from one of our local feed stores so I bet you can get one somewhere. Chance Rider, we must be neighbors. Small world. Did you by any chance pick those two up in Placerville last week? I saw a couple that I figured were Khaki and possibly Mallard and had a hard time walking away. If so, I am glad they found a good home.
smile.png
Our ducks have a large water trough that doubles as a pond/drink dispenser. Gross, but when I kept a separate water pan in there it got far yuckier that the pond ever does.

chickiedoodle... I certainly did pick them up last week in Placerville... at Safeway on Missouri Flat Rd. I did walk, and then drive away, only to get to downtown P'ville where I turned around and headed back to get them. Couldn't stand the thought of some getting them because they were cute, then losing interest when they grew up. Sent you an email....

Back
Top Bottom