duck feet

chix4lyfe

Chirping
Jul 10, 2020
Hello! We have two khaki Kampbell ducks who are free range. We do get snow here are we have just a little bit on the ground right now. They stay warm but I'm a little worried about their feet. They have acess to a little house with hay to keep them warm but they don't go in. Their feet always feel and look pretty cold, is that something I should worry about. This is our first time having ducks so I'm not sure. They act as if their feet a chilly as well. Yesterday it was really cold and they wouldn't go in their warm house so we had to lock them in because they don't go in on their own. Obviously we can't keep them in a tiny house all day so what should I do? Are their feet fine or should I do something? I heard that it can be bad if their feet get too cold. If I should do something about this, what should I do? Thanks!

Hello! We have two khaki Kampbell ducks who are free range. We do get snow here are we have just a little bit on the ground right now. They stay warm but I'm a little worried about their feet. They have acess to a little house with hay to keep them warm but they don't go in. Their feet always feel and look pretty cold, is that something I should worry about. This is our first time having ducks so I'm not sure. They act as if their feet a chilly as well. Yesterday it was really cold and they wouldn't go in their warm house so we had to lock them in because they don't go in on their own. Obviously we can't keep them in a tiny house all day so what should I do? Are their feet fine or should I do something? I heard that it can be bad if their feet get too cold. If I should do something about this, what should I do? Thanks!
They are fine! Just make sure they have a well ventilated and dry coop to go into at night. They are barnyard animals and evolved to survive the cold.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/gardening/a26112568/how-birds-stay-warm-winter/

Back
Top Bottom